- The “Controller” is now called the “Router”.
- HTML5 PushState
- New Backbone.sync params
- The handy View.$el
- View.setElement() to explicitly set View.el
- Multiple **random version number updates (0.3s => 0.5s => 0.9s)
I’ve also learned a lot over this past year:
- I’ve figured out better design patterns to use when creating Backbone apps.
- Tutorials stand at a specific point in time. When things change, I can write new revised tutorials RailsCast style.
- I don’t have to cover every single part of Backbone.js in order to have a good tutorial.
With all of that said, the get ready for some action. I’m…
- upgrading the tutorial app to 0.9.2
- revamping the tutorial app with the new design patterns that I’ve figured out
- writing the post explaining the new implementation & only worrying about the important details concerning the implementation.
So for those of you who have stuck around this long, I say “Sorry for the lag & the goods are coming”
* Giant Double Facepalm on how long this tutorial’s gone on. I just realized that it’s been a year.
** I had a chance to ask Jeremy Ashkenas (@jashkenas; creator of Backbone.js and more) about this when he came to NYCBackbone’s first meetup. He said that weren’t following any version numbering patterns for anything under 1.0